AMHERST COUNTY, Va. — The Amherst County Sheriff’s Office said Thursday they’re looking for one person and have arrested seven others in connection with a string of catalytic converter thefts over the last few months.
James William Gunter, Jr., is wanted on one larceny charge in this investigation.
Deputies have arrested and charged seven others:
- Edward Preston Stinnett Jr. – 7 larceny charges
- Herman Tracy Evans – 2 larceny charges
- William Franklin Carr – 1 larceny charge
- Heather Lynn Bussey – 1 larceny charge
- Jonathan Edward Tyree – 9 larceny charges
- Brandon Wayne Lipscomb – 3 larceny charges
- Mark Allen Staton – 3 larceny charges
The investigation is ongoing, and deputies ask anyone with information to give them a call.