- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Brown pork chops on both sides; remove from pan, reserving drippings.
- In same pan, saute vegetables in drippings until lightly browned. Whisk together soup and water; stir into vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, just until vegetables are tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Add chops; cook, covered, until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with pepper and parsley.
1 serving: 390 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 700mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 33g protein.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 3 medium red potatoes, cut into small wedges
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices, or 2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- Optional: Cracked black pepper and chopped fresh parsley