- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in sour cream. Gradually add muffin mix alternately with milk. Fold in corn.
- Pour into a greased 3-qt. baking dish or 13×9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, until set and lightly browned, 45-50 minutes.
Test Kitchen Tips
- For a Tex-Mex side dish, add a can of diced green chiles (or one of these other varieties) to the batter and top with 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack before baking.
- Want a more savory corn pudding? Simply omit the sugar. Then pair it with a few of these other healthy holiday-worthy sides.
3/4 cup: 435 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 700mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) cornbread/muffin mix
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn