ROANOKE COUNTY, Va. – UPDATE: The Roanoke County Fire Marshal’s Office determined the fire was accidental and caused by a clothes dryer. Damage is estimated at $200,000.
EARLIER: A fire at a home in the 6100 block of Carolina Trail in Roanoke County left a family displaced Monday. No family members were present at the time of the incident.
A dog and cat were at the home and escaped the scene safely.
Crews responded shortly after 5 p.m. and found heavy fire and smoke showing from the garage and back of the two-story house.
The Roanoke County Fire Marshal’s Office is working to gather a damage estimate.
Local News6 days ago
Students at Virginia Western Community College creating paralympic athletes’ equipment
Local News4 days ago
School districts in Virginia have joined a national lawsuit against social media companies
Local News5 days ago
Man from Amherst County writes a book on surviving several near-death experiences
Local News2 days ago
New River Valley Polar Plunge helps Special Olympics Virginia raise $95,000
Virginia1 day ago
Virginia’s approach to the persistent scarcity of daycare
Local News3 days ago
A woodstove-caused house fire in Roanoke County results in damages of $40,000
Local News8 hours ago
In seeking a new superintendent, Bedford County Public Schools is open to public feedback