Roanoke, Virginia – Roanoke Fire-EMS were dispatched to the Lids store inside Valley View Mall after fire broke out at the store on Tuesday morning around 3:20 a.m.
When firefighters arrived at the mall the fire was already extinguished by the sprinkler system and they found heavy water flow and smoke coming out from the store.
According to Roanoke Fire-EMS, the cause of the fire were the burning materials dropped from the vent fan onto flammable items which were stored in the bathroom.
No one was injured during this accidental fire.
Local News6 days ago
Students at Virginia Western Community College creating paralympic athletes’ equipment
Local News4 days ago
School districts in Virginia have joined a national lawsuit against social media companies
Local News5 days ago
Man from Amherst County writes a book on surviving several near-death experiences
Local News2 days ago
New River Valley Polar Plunge helps Special Olympics Virginia raise $95,000
Virginia1 day ago
Virginia’s approach to the persistent scarcity of daycare
Local News3 days ago
A woodstove-caused house fire in Roanoke County results in damages of $40,000
Local News8 hours ago
In seeking a new superintendent, Bedford County Public Schools is open to public feedback