Connect with us

Local News

A woodstove-caused house fire in Roanoke County results in damages of $40,000



Roanoke, County, Virginia – On Saturday, shortly after three o’clock in the afternoon, Roanoke County Fire and Rescue responded to a house fire that was located on the 900 block of Givens Tyler Road.

The firefighters arrived at the scene and discovered that the back of the house was the source of the intense smoke and flames.

Within fifteen minutes, the fire was brought under fire control.

During the fire, an outdoor shed was destroyed, and the house was also damaged.

At the time of the fire, there were three people and a dog living in the house.

There was injured one individual.

Those in authority have stated that the family would not be relocated.

The Roanoke County Fire Marshal’s Office concluded that the fire was started by a woodstove that was located outside.

The estimated amount of damage is $40,000.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *